Lexington, KY – Sept. 15, 2022 – The National Horse Show is accepting Private Photographers to be onsite for 2022 event.
Please note ALL guidelines and restrictions listed below before applying.
Private Photographer credentials for the 2022 National Horse Show will be limited to five (5) photographers on a first-come, first-serve basis. Each photographer is limited to a client list of no more than ten (10) horses.
Private Photographer Guidelines
- NHS requires all private photographers to apply for a Private Photographer credential if they plan to give or sell their photos for exhibitor/competitor use. A Private Photographer credential is separate and distinct from a media credential.
- A show week credential for a private photographer at NHS is $1,000 per photographer with no discount for additional photographers. An assistant photographer requires a separate application form. NHS competition runs from October 26th -November 6th.
- A certificate of insurance is required for all photographers, naming the Kentucky Horse Park and National Horse Show as additional insured with liabilities totaling $1,000,000.00.
- The NHS Official Photographer (Shawn McMillen Photography) has positioning priorities outside the arena and exclusive access inside the arena.
- Private Photographers are not permitted inside the arena except for the occasions when their clients are participating in the award presentations.
Private Photographer Application and Approval Process
- By applying for the Private Photographer Credential, you agree to abide by these rules; credentials may be revoked without refund if rules are violated. A limited number of private photographer credentials are available as stated above and are subject to management approval.
- Private Photographers will be accepted strictly on a first-come, first-served policy based on the time and date that applications are received via the online form below through the NHS website. NHS will maintain a waitlist and inform waitlisted photographers of any cancellations and open opportunities.
- Confirmation of approved credentials and payment from the private photographers are due by Friday September 30, 2022. Photographers who have not submitted payment in full by that deadline will forfeit their credential.
- Client list must be received no later than Wednesday, October 19, 2022, one week prior to the start of the show.
- Approved Private Photographers may not solicit new clients beyond the client list submitted on October 19. Should there be any solicitation or change/addition to the client list provided, Private Photographer will be asked to leave immediately, no questions asked.
- Private Photographers may not offer photos for individual purchase in-person or on a website at any time outside of their client list.
- Once a Private Photographer’s application is received, it will be reviewed by a National Horse Show representative, who will contact the photographer regarding approval, client lists, and payment information.
- Private Photographers will not have access to the Media Center, unless they also hold a media credential.
- A Private Photographer may apply for a media credential in addition to their Private Photographer credential if they are representing a media outlet at this show with a letter of assignment. A media credential request does not guarantee approval.
To apply for Private Photography Credentials click HERE