Lexington, Ky – September 1, 2023 – The Board Of Directors of the National Horse Show and the NHS Equitation Committee have determined they will limit the number of riders to compete in the 2024 ASPCA Maclay Finals to 150 riders. To accomplish this goal the specs for qualifying for the Finals have been revised to include two different and distinct paths for riders to qualify.
The top 50 riders at the end of the 2024 Maclay qualifying period will automatically qualify to compete in the Finals. These top 50 riders will be ranked based on points accumulated from their first 14 shows only. The remaining 100 riders to qualify to compete in the Finals will come through the Regional qualifying system previously used for the Maclay Finals.
2024 Maclay Finals Qualifying:
- All riders will qualify based upon their USEF home point state
- State point requirements to qualify have been lowered
- Current increment chart remains the same
- 14 show rule remains in place
- The 50 riders with the highest point totals from their first 14 shows on August 31 will automatically qualify for finals and may not compete in a regional competition.
- The remaining 100 riders to qualify to compete in the Finals will come through the Regional qualifying system previously used for the Maclay Finals.
- Provided they have qualified for and competed in a Regionals, riders who have not previously qualified for the Finals may qualify to compete at the Finals if they place in the top twelve at the US Medal Finals, Pennsylvania National Horse Show; the top ten at the WIHS Equitation Classic, Washington International Horse Show and any junior riders placing in the top ten at the USEF Talent Search Medal Finals West and USEF Talent Search Medal Finals East.